Las Vegas is known for extreme heat and among other things,one of the top tourist attractions in the world. There is one thing that residents and visitors should be aware of…Gas prices!
According to Vegasgasprices.com Nevada is not at the top of the list for high gas prices,but it is definitely up there. The average gas price as of June 29, 2014 is about $3.83 gallon. So with that being said, I think it’s time to go over some important things to consider when driving in Las Vegas.
There are many things that you can do to reduce your miles per gallon.
1. Avoid high speeds- driving 65 mph will save you about 15 percent of your gas.
2. Keep windows closed and of course if you can use your air conditioning sparingly.
3. Keep tires properly inflated. Although this does not decrease fuel consumption by a lot, it is still a factor.
4. Do not accelerate or brake hard. Doing so could increase your fuel consumption by 20 percent.
5. Purchase a fuel efficient vehicle. This may not be the most practical, but in the long run you will be the biggest payoff.
Did you know there are actually apps that can help you save on gas? GasBuddy is an app that allows you to locate the cheapest gas in the area and even gives you directions to the gas station. The best part about this app is it’s free!
gas prices are continuing to climb on the daily, and not running your air condition is pretty much suicide.
Remember you can always take a taxi, but then you are not just paying for the gas. Your paying for the experience and the convenience. So in the end you might be actually be saving yourself a few extra bucks by just walking. That is if you can stand the extreme heat.