© 2016 ashleym

Visit Downtown Las Vegas

lipsmacking

When initially thinking about the downtown area of Las Vegas, people (especially locals) are likely to lists the negative characteristics of the region rather than the positives. While this particular part of the city is notorious for being dangerous, downtown is starting to build a more respectable reputation. With some of the best restaurant, bars, and entertainment in town, the Fremont East area in downtown Las Vegas is a popular destination for tourists as well as locals.

Arguably the most populated area of downtown on a typical Saturday night is the lower end of Fremont Street, which contains the trendy bars Commonwealth, The Griffin, Vanguard, Beauty Bar, and Park, which also serves delicious food. Commonwealth in particular is a highly regarded spot due to its swanky upstairs patio, which also features a DJ booth. If you’re in the mood to relax in a cosy, friendly environment, The Griffin is a great spot due to its rustic feel and amble seating room. Contrastingly, Vanguard provides downtown goers with a club-like atmosphere with a packed dance floor. Beauty Bar has a similar feel with a raised DJ booth and additional outdoor space. Park on Fremont is a great spot for those wishing to dine downtown due to its expansive menu. Park also has an innovative drink menu that features the popular cocktails “Unicorn” and “Pillow Talk.”

Container Park is another unique and fun area located in downtown for locals and tourists to frequent. It features seven restaurants and bars with indoor and outdoor seating as well as several privately owned boutiques. During the day, it is a great place for families to visit as it contains an expansive playground for children to enjoy. During the night, however, it is turned into a 21 and over area that includes live entertainment.

For those wishing to have a memorable night without dealing with the chaos of The Strip, downtown Las Vegas is a great option for tourists and locals alike.

7 Comments

1. Posted June 26, 2016 at 8:16 pm | #

I think your post brings up some cool points about Downtown. I use to live off Rancho and Alta so I’ve grown up in the area. I think Downtown has had some great urban revival over the last 5-10 years. The area is becoming much cleaner and welcoming to tourist and locals alike. The bars that line East Fremont have giving new life to a once sketchy place. Container park has added some fun and different building space also!

2. Posted June 27, 2016 at 4:27 am | #

I agree that Downtown has come a long way! I myself frequent Downtown on weekends with my friends at all the bars you listed! Some of the best bars in Vegas are arguably Downtown. I am also now interested in trying Pillow talk and Unicorn next time I visit Park! Great post.

3. Posted June 27, 2016 at 11:11 pm | #

I completely agree with what you say about locals always finding something negative to say about Las Vegas. Our city has so much to offer, and it is only getting better! Downtown is one of my favorite places to be, and it is growing in popularity as a result of the Downtown Project. Also, nice work on incorporating your video into your blog.

4. Posted June 30, 2016 at 4:14 am | #

You are right about Downtown coming a long way especially in recent years. I would much rather prefer to go downtown and bar hop than go to any night club on the strip. Your clips of container park make me want to grab a drink at The Bin, sit in the grass, and listen to some live music.

5. Posted June 30, 2016 at 5:09 am | #

You totally hit the perception that locals often have when it comes to downtown. When I tell people that I work downtown, they usually respond with concern about my safety and/or cleanliness. But you’re right! Much of the area has been revitalized, and it’s become a great destination for both tourists and locals that want to stay away from the strip. Good subject matter, and at a perfect time- now that the whole area has been redone!

6. Posted June 30, 2016 at 5:14 am | #

I find it intriguing how I work so close to downtown Las Vegas, yet I have not been there since I was a kid. Your post made me feel like I need to go out there this weekend! Especially since our company is planning on doing a launch event on Fremont Street Experience in the upcoming months. I enjoyed your videography as well, good job!

7. Posted July 5, 2016 at 7:41 pm | #

I’ve been to Downtown before, but it has been about a year. You post definitely makes me interested in going back, especially since I recently turned 21 this year. I am definitely interested in checking out the Commonwealth and trying the “Unicorn” at the Park on Fremont.